Sunday 14 February 2010

There is printing and printing

The last test in the quality test serie is the printer test. Initial I want to test this on a MacBook only. This is because I thought that Apple understood the use of PDF. With a MacBook you can after the print commando directly save the result a a PDF instead of a physical print. The results were a little bit strange. I seems that Flash components of the webpage will not be printed.

So I decided to create also PDF's with PDFCreator on a XP machine. For the third time during these tests I am flabbergasted. The results are not always the same. Huh, what is happening here?

I do not understand this, however I can judge the results:
  1. bol.com Inconsistent
  2. funda.nl Inconsistent
  3. helenahoeve.nl Consistent, specific print layout available
  4. nu.nl Consistent
  5. philips.nl Inconsistent
  6. postbus51.nl Consistent
  7. rabobank.nl Inconsistent
  8. vrom.nl Inconsistent
  9. wehkamp.nl Inconsistent
  10. wnf.nl Inconsistent
The helenahoeve is the only website with a specific print lay-out!

See the screenshots (left Apple's Save as PDF, right Windows XP PDFCreator):

No comments:

Post a Comment